> > we've developed a XML-based Content Management System based on
> > different technologies like Cocoon, XML, EJB and a WebStart Client
> > Application. It is in our interest, that we contribute this project
> > with about 200.000 Lines of Code to the Apache Foundation.
>
> 200.000? Impressive, I just checked and Cocoon is 350.000...

Yes, but with the normal quotes. Just the work of one year :)

> > The project is existing since one year at our company as a closed
> > source application. We've already running many websites
> with the CMS',
> > but it was one of the major interests of our initial
> customer, that we
> > will open the source for everyone.
>
> This is interesting, could you elaborate? Should I gather that your
> company doesn't have an interest to open source it and that
> it's "just"
> because of a customer of yours that you're considering it?
> I'm honestly
> curious, I have a deep personal interest in Open Sourcing dynamics.

No, it is also in our interest, you're right :) It is a little bit of
"we want to give the community something back", something of
"reputation", some interest of good ideas of other developers and so on.

> Putting the site online would help. :-) I'm trying since this
> morning,
> but it's always unavailable.

Sorry, this was a server error - it is just fixed now:
http://conquest.juwimm.net/cocoon/cms/conquest/conquest

Regards,

Sascha