Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

m_threadPool.waitWhenBlocked();

m_threadPool.discardWhenBlocked();

functionally, this shouldn't change anything (I think), and it will
avoid the problem in PooledExecutor completely. If you have some time
available to try this out, that would be great.

Yes, I just tried it - and it works. Great!

So, how do we proceed? We can distribute our own patched version of event
or we can ask that this will be changed in excalibur.

You (all cocoon developers) have access to excalibur components. Why not go ahead and fix it?

Just ask for a new release, and all will be happy.

 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin