Yes, that is wat I meant. After pressing "Submit Query", one of the two
contacts that was just removed by the repeater, re-appears. Sorry for not
explaining that clearly.

> This seems to be caused by the classical problem when removing items
> from a list while running through it.
>
> I've tried to solve this by first storing the JXPathContexts of the
> items to delete in a seperate list, and then running backwards through
> that list, and it seems to work all right. Will commit this soon.
>
> Thanks for reporting this problem!

Thanks for repairing it.

> > 2)
> > The Contacts are not removed from the ArrayList. By the Remove
> option, all
> > relevant keys of the Contact are set to null, so you will never
> see it again
> > in this context.  But the item is not removed from the list. This is a
> > problem if you have a persistence framework flushing the list
> to hard disk
> > (zombie records in your database).
> >

> Not sure that I follow here: I suppose that if I don't see the item
> anymore on jx-generated page, it really isn't in the arraylist anymore?

Because this occured both for the standaard Woody repeater and for my own
map-repeater which uses Maps instead of ArrayLists, I concluded it was a
Woody problem. But now I did some additionally checks, it looks like it is a
Hibernate problem. Hibernate is doing runtime reflection: it replaces the
instances of the classes like Maps, Lists, Sets with its own instances in
order to do its O/R mapping. May be there is a problem with JXPath. I have
to post this to some other list.

> > I checked the Woody source. I guess it must be the JXPath
> removePath() in
> > DeleteNodeJXPathBinding.java.
> > What is this removePath() supposed to do?
>
> Remove the addressed path. If it addresses an item in a collection, it
> means removing the item from the collection.

That was what I was wondering about: does it actually remove it from the
Collection, or does it just set all keys to null, like it is doing in my
environment. But now I have some obvious suspects for the latter behaviour
(the combination of Hibernate annd JXPath)

> --
> Bruno Dumon                             http://outerthought.org/
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hugo Burm