Hmm, I read it the other way around: This is exactly the error that can occur when using ParanoidCocoonServlet. Does anybody know more about such issues?

Joerg

Reinhard Poetz wrote:
From: Joerg Heinicke

And I know why I asked for a better option: I get now

java.lang.LinkageError: duplicate class definition: org/apache/xml/dtm/ref/DTMManagerDefault

<snip/>

as similar described by Sylvain at http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=EndorsedLibsProblem. He suggests to remove the standard libraries from Cocoon's WEB-INF/lib, but then the webapp is again dependent on the server.

After reading Sylvains good docs I think that the error you have should
*not* happen if you use the ParanoidCocoonServlet. The remaining problem with the ParanoidCocoonServlet is its strong
shielding mechanism: "This means that if you get an object from the
servlet engine whose class is defined by the engine's classloader and
try to cast it to a class with the same class name, but loaded by the
ParanoidClassLoader, the cast will fail because the classes are
different." (see
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=EndorsedLibsProblem - the
Downside)

HTH