Hi,

The thing that seems missing from this discussion is the concept of multiple
content pieces on a single page. Sure, content can have its own metadata
(topics/keywords, etc..).

But, to me, page-level metadata should be separate from the actual content
pieces. For example say you have a last-modified entry and you have two
content pieces, each modified at different times. Do you have separate
metadata for each content piece in the resulting document? I suppose you
could simply take the latest date (unless you are able to use different date
formats...).

What happens if you have different titles? Which do you choose? It is
perfectly reasonable for content pieces to have titles, but the page should
reflect all content pieces. It would seem to complicate things a great deal
if there needed to be multiple content-piece's metadata merged at generate
time.

I think a separate single page level RDF/DC metadata would be better. It
could be attached to the page like:

<link rel="meta" href="single/metadata/repo/page_idref.xml"/>

This way less processing is needed on the server and the metadata can be
easily edited in a simple UI separate from the content editor.

Best,
-Rob