On Thursday, October 30, 2003, at 02:45 AM, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

use-store
---------
why in hell is use-store to false??? IIRC, it was fist set to true because the transient store was actually not transient and tried to serialize compiled XSLTs in the persistant store, which failed because these objects are not serializable.

History [1] says:

<parameter name="use-store" value="false"/> <!-- Setting this to true will crash Cocoon for now! -->

What this actually mean I'm not sure and I'm happily using "use-store" parameter for a long time now (currently Cocoon 2.0.4 and 2.1)

Let's switch it to true an ensure the transient store is really transient.

+1. Store is checking for Serializable (again, IIRC), which should be enough.

We turned this on on a production box recently, it became rather unstable, usually falling down once per day. This was in Cocoon 2.1 m2.

regards Jeremy