I'm in the process of refactoring and furthering the davmap samples in
the WebDAV block. Methods that I've added are DELETE and MKCOL, and will
be adding a PROPPATCH in the following few days and look into LOCK, COPY
and MOVE methods as well. I've also made some general improvements to
PROPFIND, PUT and GET. All these have been tested using XMLSpy as WebDAV
client (somehow couldn't get eclipse WebDAV integration to work yet).

One of the things I have done to make my life a little easier is define
a service called o.a.c.c.repository.SourceRepository in the repository
block. It basically reuses the idea from the SourceRepository in the
linotype block but instead of being a JVM-wide static it is a container
managed singleton. Apart from being able to obtain a SourceResolver via
the ServiceManager instead of via
CocoonComponentManager.getCurrentEnvironment - which will be absent in
2.2 - and do better logging I think this will also allow us to hook in
interesting stuff such as monitoring.

Each method the service defines returns an integer describing the exit
status of the operation. This exit status closely follows the WebDAV
specification (RFC 2518). Now I think that this could map very well to
other editing environments like linotype as well which is why I put it
in repository for the time being.

I know many of you have a lot of ideas about all these things so if
people are interested in this, I'd like to hear what you think.
Criticism, questions, suggestions, disagreements, any kind of remark
really that will be qualitively constructive is very much welcome.

Cheers, Unico