Antonio Gallardo wrote:
Hunsberger, Peter dijo:
For us, last update wins, we're not update intensive, but I'm waiting
for the day when someone forces us to wade through the audit log to
determine why there update didn't take.
The "last update wins" is the most used approaching in this cases. You can
implement this using JDO.

Is it really? Makes me shudder. If your concurrency level is so low that the possibility of lost updates is very small, you'd better implement a pessimistic locking strategy: first person to read the record locks it until she commits her changes. Others will just have to wait, but since this seldom occurs, it is not a problem. Trashing others' updates is never an acceptable strategy, IMHO. You're going to either lose data or mess up your referential integrity, or both.

Think what would happen if you used this strategy with CVS.

Ugo