I'm copying the mail list. Thanks for notifying us. We'll solve the issues you outline ASAP.

On 21 Nov 2003, at 00:23, Thomas J. Sebestyen wrote:

Dear Diana,
Dear Stefano,
Dear Greg,

I have just only two "simple" questions.
The first one is not really a question, it's related to the
page/directory:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/cocoon-2.1/src/ documentation/xdocs/faq/

probably no one from you is using the Internet Explorer, but no xml-file
in this dircetory can be viewed using the IE,
(try for example
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/cocoon-2.1/src/ documentation/xdocs/faq/book.xml)
because of the following reason:
Die Deklaration hat einen ungültigen Namen. Fehler beim Bearbeiten der
Ressource
'http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/cocoon-2.1/src/ documentation/xdocs/dtd/book-cocoon-v10.dtd'.
Zeile 1, Position 3

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
--^
[english transl.: The Declaration has an invalid name. Error by working
on the ressource .... ]
and so on for the other xml-files.

The reson is the really the very wrong usage of the DOCTYPE keyword (not
depending on the xml-file itself, but maybe on some rewriting rules):
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd";>

As you now this keyword has to be uppercase.
But this wrong usage of the DOCTYPE-Declaration seems to be in all
directories and pages above http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/

----------------------------------

My second question (more cocoon related ;-):
there are a lot of information about the rules how to write an FAQ i.e.
Core Documentation, but nothing about any software for working with
(authoring) the xml-files.
So my question is: are all the authors using they prefered xml-editor,
or do the authors have some sotware (share with all other authors) for
this matter?

Thank you and best Regads form Vienna Thomas

--
Thomas J. Sebestyen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--