Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
hi,

the lenya community has developed a lightweight workflow that we thought would make more sense as a cocoon block, especially given that other cms built on cocoon have shown interest in using it (hi arje :). i split out the generic part and made it into a (unstable) block. it is disabled by default.

discussion
==========
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/[EMAIL PROTECTED]&by=thread&from=653774

documentation ============= http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/docs/components/workflow/terms.html http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/docs/components/workflow/state-machine.html http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/docs/components/workflow/configuration.html http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/docs/components/workflow/implementation.html

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LenyaWorkflow
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LenyaWorkflowAPI

issues
======
* the block only compiles with jdk 1.4 (it uses assertions)
  you need to set source=1.4 in ant to make it compile..
* there are currently no samples

to do
=====
* remove assertions?
* build a sample based on usage within lenya
lenya integration is done via: http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/apidocs/org/apache/lenya/cms/workflow/package-summary.html

  for the lenya integration
* change package from o.a.lenya.workflow to o.a.cocoon.workflow
* move o.a.lenya.xml classes somewhere else?

we are looking forward to your comments :)

I reasonate with this todo list :-) But I think a small sample OUTSIDE of a Lenya context would be good.

I would be grateful for a description of a simple use case (so a generalized workflow abstraction may be discussed) how this workflow package is intended to be used.

Maybe Carsten's concerns can be eased a little by growing from this simple use case rather than throwing in a rather complex (though you say lightweight) package.

Thanks
Guido