Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
Our 2.2 release is not about using the best container available,
the release is about implementing blocks. This implementation
is container independent, so it shouldn't play a role what container
we use for blocks. In addition 2.2 is now independent of the
container implementation as well, so it doesn't play a role
for the 2.2 core. We could simply switch to any container if
it supports the old ECM configuration style to 100%.
<snip/>
So, please cast your votes - and please, now flame wars about Avalon
this time. Thanks.

+1. I'm trusting your judgment here, since I'm not familiar enough with Avalon to have a different opinion.

But just out of curiosity, wasn't the move to Fortress for 2.2 somehow dictated by the fact that ECM wasn't considered able to support real blocks? Or is my memory failing me?

Ugo