Cheers,
Thor HW

On 29-Mar-04, at 9:26 AM, Pier Fumagalli wrote:

On 29 Mar 2004, at 17:20, Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO) wrote:
De: Stefano Mazzocchi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yes, totally. And we already have it working and solved with this new
container. Why would we trash it to move to JMX? what would that buy us?

Would you put an instrumentation layer on it? If yes, then consider JMX.

I believe that we all agreed that the core should be instrumentable by JMX. I believe there's some confusion here between "instrumenting" the Cocoon kernel with JMX and using JMX _as_ the core kernel of Cocoon.

I still believe that for Cocoon the first solution is the optimal one, using a Cocoon-tailored kernel, instrumentable with JMX...

Pier