Hello,
Christofer Oliver has written [1] that I should make a proposal so here it is:

What do you think about the flow ability to call a continuation knowing the
continuation id.

It should look something like:

contManager = null;
try {
  contManager = cocoon.getComponent(
"org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.ContinuationsManager" );
  var wk = contManager.lookupWebContinuation( continuationId );
} finally {
  if ( contManager != null )
    cocoon.releaseComponent( contManager );
}

cocoon.handleContinuation( wk.getContinuation(), wk );

Right now this is not a supported feature (it works when one does not use page
local variables).

The usage:
- when he continuation id is stored somewhere else than request uri (for
  example request parameter)
- when one gets 2 continuation ids and chooses one basing on some external
  info
- when one wants to do something for each continuation resumed (for example
  set "Cache-control" header).

For all above examples you have to code logic in sitemap. I think this is not
as elegant as if you could have whole logic in a flowscript

You can read the previous thread at [2]

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=108106316017469&w=2

        lg
--
            __
        \_\\  //_/       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           _\\()//_