Jeremy Quinn wrote:

<snip/>

Should I hold back on committing my changes to make ContextHelper Contextualizable, to wait to see what comes out of this proposal ?

Wait a bit ;-)

You can still use the ContextAccess class in your own source tree, though.

BTW. I think there may be a related issue here with a problem noted a while ago, where it was not possible to read parameters setup in web.xml as expected using :

    org.apache.cocoon.environment.Context.getInitParameter(String name)

Unless Cocoon was 'expecting' that parameter to be there.

I don't know if this is a bug or a just a misunderstanding ;)

I guess you made the (sorry!) classical mistake of adding parameters to the Cocoon servlet instead of the _webapp context_, which is what is accessed using Context.getInitParameter().

Sylvain