On 01.07.2004 16:32, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

Maybe I'm not understanding your example, but shouldn't all those
<fb:struct>s be wrapped in <fb:case>s with the same id?  If I understand
correctly it's actually the fb:case binding that does conditional
processing of its subbindings; the fb:union binding just acts as a dumb
container.

*argh* Why I did not see the obvious? You are so right. It works with additional <fb:case>s. Thanks for your hint.

But it has another drawback: The model binding is now also load only conditionally. What I need is to load the whole model but to save only the one selected. For this I had to add this binding twice: once with direction="load" as direct child of union binding and once with direction="save" as child of case binding.

Joerg