Il giorno 28/lug/04, alle 04:02, Vadim Gritsenko ha scritto:

Why stop half way and live with one more interpreter's penalty? Convert straight to Java - works faster and less memory consumption!
And we are back on square one ;-P

Some reasons come to mind: Groovy gives you a much more concise syntax than Java. Groovy has closures, which might be useful (maybe we could implement a VPC as a closure? I don't know, it's just an idea that crossed my mind now). Reloading a Groovy class might be easier than reloading a Java class (or it might not).

The idea might be that you could:

1) Use your existing sitemaps for backward compatibility or just because you like pointy brackets and have them transformed into Groovy scripts.
2) Write Groovy sitemaps and have more features at your disposal (also more freedom and consequential risks).
3) Have XML sitemaps mount Groovy sitemaps and vice-versa.
4) Embed Groovy scripts in an XML sitemap

        Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/