Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Mmmh... I'm not sure the "scratch an itch" pattern applies to docs.
>
> With code, you start scratching because you need a new
> feature, and since you need to write that new feature for
> your own need, you can with not much additional cost share it
> with others.
>
> With docs that lack the information you're need, you will dig
> in the code and samples to find that information, and once
> you've found the answer, your problem is solved. Writing docs
> requires the extra effort of taking the time to share your
> findings with the community.
Exactly and my point is that this extra time is really, really
not very much. You can simply write down your problem and the
solution in a language that somehow looks like english (that's
the way I write most times...) and file the patch. With this
you help others and someday someone will help you. So it
will pay back.

> That certainly explains why our docs are so bad compared to
> all the features Cocoon provides.

:)

Carsten