Ralph Goers wrote:
> I posted this last week and just want to make sure I'm not
> doing anything wrong, as I plan to submit a patch as soon as
> I verify that it works correctly (I'm not getting a
> NullPointerException at startup at least).
>
> I am trying to modify the pluto support so that it will work
> in a war file.  In looking at PortletDefinitionRegistryImpl I
> see that it is looking at every webapp deployed in this
> server and calling castor to convert the portlet.xml and
> web.xml to objects for every webapp that has a portlet.xml.
> Why would it be doing that?  That would seem like a violation
> of security or at least bad manners.  Of course, it is also
> impossible to do in an environment where war files are used.

This is the way, Pluto works, so it just has been "copied" to
Cocoon. Somehow, the Cocoon portal has to know which JSR-168
portlets are available and this search mechanism tries
to look through all mounted webapps and extracts the portlet
information (if available).
Now, a nicer solution would be if we have a deployment tool
where you drop your portlet war file into, the portlets
are registered and Cocoon does not need to scan all webapps

Carsten