Reinhard Poetz wrote:

Unico Hommes wrote:

[snip]

For splitting the eclipse project there is an additional requirement that blocks and core directory don't overlap. Eclipse cannot deal with overlapping projects. So that would mean that the 2.2 core move to /repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/core .

IMO the eclipse project file for a block contains

- two source directories (public/private)
- Cocon core lib
- public libraries of blocks it depends on
- external libraries (currently in lib/optional)

This way we don't have to deal with Eclipse project dependencies, do we?

Ah, so you mean to keep the notion of a single eclipse project but one whose project descriptor is split between a top level core one that references project fragments inside individual blocks using entity references? I am just guessing.

At least in eclipse this is illegal:

./.project.xml
./blocks/blockA/.project.xml

Opening both projects at the same time in the same workspace is not possible.

--
Unico