On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 18:38 +0200, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> While browsing Daisy I saw a very interesting cForms extension in Daisy: the
> HtmlCleaningConvertor. Are there any plans to move it to Cocoon?

Didn't think of that yet. Keeping it with Daisy would make it follow
Daisy releases, which is somewhat easier for us at this stage.

You also have to know that the htmlcleaner is quite strict, in that it
drops all elements and attributes that are not explicitely allowed
(configurable using an XML file), which is exactly what we wanted for
Daisy, but might be different for other use-cases.

>  I think this
> could be valuable for many other users.

Nothing prevents reuse of course. The htmlcleaner is an independent
library, bundled in its own jar, with minimal dependencies
(nekohtml/nekodtd, which in itself requires xerces). The
HtmlCleaningConvertor and HtmlCleaningConvertorBuilder classes that do
the integration with Cocoon would need to be copied to your own project.

Another possibility would be to just move those last two classes to
Cocoon, and add the daisy-htmlcleaner.jar as an external dependency to
cforms.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]