The current implementation of our continuations manager uses
the excalibur event package for the background checker that
checks for expired continuations.

Now, this approach has the problem, that excalibur event is
deprecated. In addition we aren't using it somewhere else,
so it would be great if we could remove this dependency.

Yesterday, I wrote a simple replacement which I checked into 2.2:
a simple background thread is initialized that sleeps for a
configured period of time, checks the continuations, sleeps etc.
Now, this solution should work.

The question is now, should I port this to 2.1.x as well? Are there
better solutions?

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler
Open Source Group, S&N AG