Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

Le 29 oct. 04, à 15:51, Sylvain Wallez a écrit :

Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

And technically in plain XPath it would be something like

//widget/foo/@bar

IIUC, JXPath has pluggable introspectors, so it above can be reduced to:

$widget/foo/@bar

Eeek. Do you really think people will write their introspectors to have a readable syntax?

I'm a bit lost here (ok it's Friday ;-)

JXPath *does* actually do stuff like $bean/member/submember, right?

And according to its docs [1] it should also allow $bean/member/@submember and return the same result.

Sure, but the point is about accessing methods that aren't JavaBean accessors, e.g. how would JXPath know that "foo/bar/@baz" should be translated to foo.giveMeAValue("bar").andAnotherOne("baz").

So, I don't see what we're talking about really - I must be missing something obviously ;-)

Mmmh... time to go for a relaxing week-end, Bertrand ;-)

Sylvain