Leszek Gawron said:

> JXTG is very good but it lacks a way to extend it with some reusable
> pieces of
> code (macros).
>

> I have been trying to make some other templating languages be usable with
> cocoon but all of them are generating TEXT and in cocoon xml land this is
> real problem. Here JXTG is really powerful. It will convert every model
> value
> to XML safe representation.
>

> I say: let's stick to JXTG just add some power with the ability to write
> more
> sophisticated macros/taglibs.

I tend to agree with Leszek's sentiments above.  Perhaps people would be
more comfortable with JXTG if it was refactored into a more readable form.

In my organization I have only heard two complaints about JXTG:
1. They cannot generate XML the way they would like. Because it requires
the template to be valid XML it is sometimes difficult to generate a valid
XML document. A way to generate start and end tags would be useful.
2.  The ability to add tag libraries easily to it is a must. Perhaps item
1 could be implemented that way.

Interestingly, I've heard very few complaints that it supports two
syntaxes.  Most people don't seem to care what the syntax is as long as
they can find a way to get the job done.

Ralph