I'm currently reworking our system to add finer grained cache
normalization and I'm a tad confused as to exactly how Cocoon checks
cache validity.  In particular, as the subject line says, I can't see
why the SourceValidity class needs the capability to check against a
new SourceValidity?

Since the generation of the key is separated from the retrieval of the
validity I can't figure out a use case where you need to further
separate the validity checking?  For Cocoon purposes it seems to me
that, at worse, any validity Cocoon has to deal with may have to wrap
some external validity checks behind a simple isValid() method?  Does
Cocoon ever generate a new validity for checking against an old one?

I suppose the answer might simply be that this is an Excalibur class
that allows for comparisons of validities across clustered servers or
some such thing and that it does nothing specifically for Cocoon?

--
Peter Hunsberger