Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
Pardon me if this has been discussed already... I did some quick
search and was unable to find anything relevant.

We are currently being severely bitten by a limitation in the Java
reflection API that hits on fb:insert-bean.

Huh? ...you mean not providing the methods of the base classes?

If class B extends A, and
you have a method in your binding base such as

void addA(A a)

you cannot bind it using a B instance since Java will complain about
not finding a

void addA(B b)

method.

I am not sure how the insert-bean works but is due to the inheritance or the overloading?

Maybe have a look at the ReflectionUtils (cocoon repo).

cheers
--
Torsten