Hi team,

Several months later, it's done (the vote started on 14-06-2004).

cocoon.request, cocoon.response, cocoon.context and cocoon.session are now unrestricted.

The only difference with the real objects is that a special wrapper is used for request, response and context that shows their respective attributes are JS properties (not sure I personally like it, but that's how they have been since the beginning).

This closes a lot of open bugs ;-)

Sylvain

Sylvain Wallez wrote:

Hi all,

More and more, the limitations of objects provided by the FOM seem like arbitrary constraints that go in the way of people and produce confusion. Furthermore, these restrictions only apply to the JS flowscript and not to JavaFlow, thus making JS flowscript a second zone citizen compared to Java code.

That's why I propose to remove these restrictions my having cocoon.request, cocoon.response and cocoon.context providing the full API defined by the interfaces in org.apache.cocoon.environment.

Furthermore, I propose to add cocoon.avalonContext to provide access to the various data held by this object.

More background on this subject is available in the "Less is more... or less" discussion [1] and my answer to Jeremy's problem [2] that shows how simple it is to workaround the restricted FOM.

Please cast your votes!

- [ ] to remove restrictions on existing objects.

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=107995167207822&w=2
[2] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=108716209403338&w=2