Torsten Curdt wrote:
Ok, folks. I've added a ReloadingClassloader
to jci which we could use for Cocoon. It
reloads classes from a specific repository.

YEY!

Now the idea is to point it to the Eclipse
output directory so once you compiled your
classes in eclipse they would be available
to Cocoon right away.

You're 'da man'!

...still we have the problem that with old
class references. Especially with the service
manager holding references to the old
version of components.

In order to really use this for components
we would need to notify the service manager
and also the components that a new class
and/or a new components needs to be reloaded.

How could we integrate such feature more
into the core!? ...some RTs?

first, let's try to keep it simple and stupid. even if this means that everytime we need to flush the component pools everytime a class get reloaded. the more we make it elegant, the harder it is, the less likely is that anybody will get it done.

second, can't the service manager be a classloader too? that would make it really easy for the signals to be transmitted... otherwise we need to invent listeners and this gets complex fast.

--
Stefano.