On Mie, 23 de Febrero de 2005, 9:42, Stefano Mazzocchi dijo:
> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> Just like other people, I think distinguishing "core blocks" is a good
>> thing to show people where to look at while still keeping the core
>> small.
>
> I'm sorry, but I think the "core block" idea is plain wrong and smells
> of over componentization.
>
> If we *all* agree that something is required (which is what a 'core
> block' appears to be) then we should not allow people to live without it.
>
> We need to have an answer to what "cocoon is" and what basic features it
> provides. Having everything optional is diluting our brand and making
> documentation and marketing harder.

Well some people use cocoon for as a publishing framework and others as a
webapp framework.

I feel the same as other people, there are a lot of blocks that I never
used. Even inside the core there are some components that I never used
too. I expect to be able to remove this pieces to keep the application as
smaller as posible.

Currently, I also remove jars that I don't need after building. ie: pizza.jar

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.