On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:18:28 +0000, Paul Russell

<snip/>

> My initial reaction to your e-mail was one of disappointment and
> anger. I didn't spend weeks on this e-mail in an attempt to alienate
> myself from you guys, and that's what it feels like I've done.

You told a whole lot of people that you thought their baby was ugly,
what did you expect?

Overall, I'd say the reaction to you're original e-mail was pretty mild.

> Contrary to what it would appear is the belief, I wrote the e-mail in
> an effort to /help/ the Cocoon project. I knew I couldn't just get in
> there and deliver all the changes myself, so I thought it was best to
> get them out on paper ASAP, and get other people excited and
> interested.
>
> Sorry it didn't work out that way.

Best way to help is to help with the current well understood
requirements.  There's a lot of refactoring going on in the core at
the moment.  I wouldn't be surprised if you find that you can move
your ideas forward if you're willing to contribute to the project as
it currently is heading and not try and turn things around with one
big sweeping massive change.

--
Peter Hunsberger