Il giorno 09/mar/05, alle 08:01, Bertrand Delacretaz ha scritto:

Le 9 mars 05, à 00:11, Alfred Nathaniel a écrit :
...Does anybody have practical experience with Canoo WebTest which speaks
for/against this product? Or any other product? Or is nobody testing?..

I used WebTest for a while, but in the end I found that writing tests in XML is way too verbose and clumsy. Also, keeping a lot of tests up to date with respect to a changing Web UI was too much of a pain.

Although I do not see an urgent need to move away from anteater, I've been using HttpUnit successfully in other projects and it does a good job. For HTML pages at least, but I'm not sure about its support for XML responses, which we want to test as well.

But - writing "page" tests (http/xml or http/html) in compiled code is a pain IMHO, a scripting environment (ideally without angle brackets) is much more convenient, to shorten the test writing cycle.

I can't help thinking that using rhino scripts to drive HttpUnit (if it does XML and XPath checks) or something similar would be cool...

-Bertrand

Have you seen Selenium? [1] Looks interesting, but I haven't had the time to take it for a test ride, yet.

        Ugo

[1] http://agylen.com/blojsom/blog/devel/?permalink=Selenium.txt

-- Ugo Cei - http://agylen.com/blojsom/blog/