Il giorno 16/mar/05, alle 14:21, Stefano Mazzocchi ha scritto:

Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

If I have to choose between an abandoned one man show with full junit test support (whatever that means) and a block with an active community but no tests there would need to be *very* strong other advantages for the one man show, for me to even consider it.

If there is general consensus than a test suite can be more useful than a few individuals actually working on the code, we have a problem.

This looks much like a false dichotomy. If we have code with no active committers but a comprehensive test-suite, we have a problem but it's easier for newcomers to change it without fear of breaking it. If we have an active community but no tests, we have a problem but we can hope that of alll those people, someone will step up to write the tests. We should try to have both, not fight about which is better or worse.

        Ugo

--
Ugo Cei
Tech Blog: http://agylen.com/blojsom/blog/