Joachim Breitsprecher wrote:

Hi all,

I think I found a bug in Cocoon's XInclude transformer. Try this pipeline:

<map:match pattern="test">
  <map:generate src="test.xml" />
  <map:transform type="xinclude" />
  <map:serialize type="xml" />
</map:match>

whith test.xml containing:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<root xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";>
  <xi:include href="this_file_does_not_exist.xml">
    <xi:fallback>
      <element>This should be here if the file was not found</element>
    </xi:fallback>
  </xi:include>
</root>

With all cocoon versions I tested (2.1.4, 2.1.5.1, 2.1.6, SVN head) this pipeline gives me an unbalanced output if this_file_does_not_exist.xml doesn't exist.

what do you mean by unbalanced output?

I have prepared a patch against the current SVN version and am ready to file a bug if no-one objects :-)

Have you filed this patch yet?

Michi

Regards,

Joachim

--
Michael Wechner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]