Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
Le 14 avr. 05, à 11:15, Upayavira a écrit :

...In the work I've been doing with Snapbridge recently, I came across a rather neat GUI installer, that basically provides a front end to Ant...

I remember a discussion a while ago about building a WebStart-based installer.

People were strongly against it, the point being that it's better for people to fail early rather than erroneously believe that Cocoon is a point-and-click tool

I think the need to manually edit some config files remains a good way of showing people what kind of skillset and mindset is needed to use Cocoon today - I wouldn't bother about GUI config tools unless they're integrated in a cohesive IDE.

No probs. I'll just keep this tool in my personal toolbox then.

Regards, Upayavira