Sebastien Arbogast wrote:
There are some at http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/SimilarServers

Yes but those are mainly XML frameworks. I think what's interesting
with Upayavira's suggestion is more the technological overview
concerning what you need.
For example if you are looking for some MVC framework, there is Cocoon
but also Struts or webwork for example.
SimilarServers page is fine if you concentrate on one technological
aspect of server-side framework : XML processing capabilities.
It could be a good idea to make a list of what IS Cocoon (MVC, web
application development environment, XML processing framework,
publication framework) and then to list possible "competitors" for
each aspect, pointing out that one of the great strengths of Cocoon is
that it can do all of that, and even more in the future thanks to
blocks : WebServices server, etc.

I in part like this idea, but the problem is that we become in danger of stating our own perceptions, e.g. "Struts is an MVC system", by placing our own categorisation over the top. That, really, is what I want to avoid as much as possible.

However, to see how this might look, and seeing as you appear to have some grasp of the field, would you be willing to draft a page that we can review?

Regards, Upayavira