Sylvain Wallez wrote:
Hi all,

We discussed more that one year ago the removal of @author tags in our source files (see [1] and [2]) but although the consensus was to remove them, we never actually did it. Now most if not all new classes added since then have no @author tag, leading to a strange situation where "old" authors are named but not newer ones.

So I propose to remove @author tags with people names from all our source files.

+1

Additionally, if you agree with removing names, do you want source files to have:
[X] no @author tag at all,
[ ] @author The Cocoon development team
[ ] @author ..... (something else)

Please cast your votes.

Additionally, non-committers that have contributed significant portions of code and think they will lose visibility with this removal can make their voice heard. We will consider updating either the release notes or the credits file.

I think we should mention everybody who contributes to Cocoon, either in status.xml or credits.txt and make references in our commit messages. See Bertrands ideas in [2]

Sylvain

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=107783914605693&w=2
[2] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=108089900026744&w=2

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc