On Lun, 30 de Mayo de 2005, 4:54, Sylvain Wallez dijo:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>>THE SOLUTION
>>============
>>
>>We found is posible to improve DSL performance by caching the DSL item
>>data list once per request. The DSL remains dynamic per request.
>>
>>Caching DSL will not affect the current behaviour. The time for DSL
>>generation will be reduced substancially.
>>
>>Our proposed solution is add a new user defined attribute, called "cache"
>>in <fd:selection-list>. This way the cform user can decide when he wants
>>to use a cached DSL or not. For SSL this attribute has no meaning.
>>
>>Posible values for @cache:
>>
>>true  - Cache SL content per request.
>>false - No Cache SL content.
>>
>>default value: false.
>>

> I'm wondering about the "cache" name which says nothing about the cache
> duration, which is here the request. If we consider the behaviour of
> dynamic="false", we can consider it as equivalent to cache="static"
> (i.e. load once and never refresh).
>
> So IMO we should be deprecating dynamic="true" in favor of
> cache="static|request".

IMHO in a DSL a "static cache" has no sense.

Perhaps we can define:

request-cache="yes|no" for DSL. And this is more explicit.

I don't like this attribute is very implementation oriented. People will
need to rewrite all the forms in order to take advantage of that. Well, it
is very easy using jEdit...but... I think it is not too much dificult (and
almost no time consuming) search ancestors looking for a Repeater.

Perhaps better is: request-cache="auto|yes|no"

When the user don't this attribute in definition.xml it means he want a
SSL, right?

Wich will be the default behavior using:

myWidget.setSelectionList(...);

Here we cannot define the cache.

I thought we can create a new method:

myWidget.setCachedSelectionList(...);

The more I think about this, I am more thinking the best is to make this
automatically and let cocoon decide when use the cache or not.

Another question: How to access the request attributes from
DynamicSelectionList.java without touching another file? I cannot see how
to get the FormContext from the DSL code.

BTW, The code is almost done.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.