Bart Molenkamp wrote:

A little bit off-toptic, but some time ago I used the pipeline machinery
to generate mail-content for users, somewhere at night by a CRON job.
For each user, the pipeline was called and the results were sent to that
user. Processing such a pipeline from CRON took about 2 seconds for each
mail, while calling that pipeline (trough the CocoonServlet), processing
was done in less than 0.5 seconds. And after processing that pipeline
100 times (for 100 users), an OutOfMemoryError was thrown.

Any idea if this is related to your environment problems (CRON has it's
own environment, right?)

Hmm... as for the execution time, the only explanation that comes to mind is a difference in thread priorities. Except the environment setup (BackgroundEnvironment vs HttpEnvironment) the processing is exactly the same...

About the OutOfMemoryError, we need to check if the CocoonQuartzJobExecutor properly releases everything.

Sylvain