Sylvain Wallez wrote:

<big-snip/>

Conclusion
----------
The Cocoon stacktrace gives some very valuable information about what problem happened, and more importantly where it happened. We now need to progressively add location information to important places in the code to make these Cocoon stacktraces more and more useful!

Tell me what you think!

Wow. This is neat.

For the curious, fire this up and go to:

http://localhost:8888/samples/errorhandling/

Below is what I saw when I went there. Now isn't this better than extremely long java stack traces? Thanks Sylvain!

Regards, Upayavira

An error has occured

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
The markup in the document preceding the root element must be well-formed.
context://samples/errorhandling/sitemap.xmap - 18:2

Cocoon stacktrace[hide]

The markup in the document preceding the root element must be well-formed.
context://samples/errorhandling/sitemap.xmap - 18:2

Sitemap: error when calling sub-sitemap
context://samples/sitemap.xmap - 183:65

Sitemap: error when calling sub-sitemap
context://sitemap.xmap - 852:66