Sylvain Wallez wrote:

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

Sylvain Wallez schrieb:

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
For the demo portal, I replaced the authentication framework with CoWarp
which provides imho a much nicer and cleaner way for plugging in your
authentication mechanism.

CoWarp is a 35 kb jar file containing 25 classes which seem highly tied to Cocoon and Avalon. Do you plan to move this code to the Cocoon repo?

That would be IMHO a good thing to do to avoid the multiplication of small jars and give a better community oversight on this interesting stuff.

How much can grow a block that are already stabilized and provide the functionality most of the users needs? I think it is that people don't care about them. It is that this blocks "just works".

If there is *high* community interest in hosting it at Apache I'm willing to
move.

While 2 people cannot do a "high" community" and I don't saw the Cowarp code nor how it works, but based on what I read on this thread, I can say, I have interest to see Cowarp in Cocoon. As suggested, Cowarp into cocoon can replace the current authentication-fw and session-fw blocks. The lastest mentioned blocks are part of the pre-flow era. So his deprecation is natural. I think it is time to have a new replacement for them. Also, I remember Carten's initial blogs about Cowarp 2 years ago. ;-)

So let's switch Cocoon to Maven ;-)

Big +1. I am really tired of updating jars. I will prefer to dedicate my "2 cents" to other issues that need attention for example bug fixing. ;-)

The only problem I see here is that cocoon 2.1.x requires JVM 1.3. Often the blocks on maven repo are for JVM 1.4 only. I hate to say that, because it takes a lot of time to check the compatibilty for 1.3 (mainly if I consider I never used it in my life for real work). If we are moving to maven, I will like to propose for the next cocoon 2.1.x release to set the monimal JVM requirement to 1.4.

Can I start a vote about moving to 1.4?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.