Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

Sylvain Wallez schrieb:
Ralph Goers wrote:

I'm a little confused. In treeprocessor we have

class      NOPVariableResolver
class      PreparedVariableResolver
class      VariableResolver
class      VariableResolverFactory

In the portal block we have

class          DefaultVariableResolverFactory
class          NOPVariableResolver
class          PreparedVariableResolver
interface   VariableResolver
interface   VariableResolverFactory

I need to use the VariableResolver in a class I am working with and I'm a bit confused. I've used it before, but in the portal block so I guess I was using that one. Does the treeprocessor version only work when called from the sitemap? The code I am working on does not need the portal block but isn't called from the sitemap.

AFAIU, the version in Portal is a componentized copy of what's in the TreeProcessor which uses static factory methods. However, looking at it, it looks it missed some updates in the TreeProcessor related to nested variables.

Yepp, it's an older copy - it would be great if we would have just one
version of the code, so I think moving the code from the portal to the
core and using it in the tree processor as well would be the better choice.

Sure, it totally makes sense. Now I'm wondering if we really need this to be components. Will there ever be more than one implementation?

Sylvain