Ralph Goers wrote:

> Currently, all the code that needs access to that file goes through a
> single component. That component uses a system property to specify where
> the file is. But in this case, you can dream up pretty much anything
> that works.  I'm presuming that putting them in cocoon.xconf is out
> since that is what is being modified.
Yes.

> I hate putting them in web.xml but
> is OK if that is the only way.  Another way that works for me is for
> your factory to have methods that I can invoke from Spring's lifecycle
> config.  My logging implementation causes Spring to initialize when
> logging is set up.
>
> Propose something else if you hate all of these.
Hmm, you can put your own properties file into WEB-INF/properties
directory. All these properties are available using the Settings object.
You can inject the Cocoon core object into one of your Spring
components, access the settings object from there and get your properties.
Isn't it this, what you need? (If yes, it works today :) )

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/