Il giorno 22/set/05, alle 23:49, Upayavira ha scritto:

The application has the default Java swing look, which isn't very exciting. So, anything that looks a little prettier...

Oh, well, on my Mac it has the Aqua look, so it looks rather pretty, but I agree that it could be much prettier. Actually, before I helped Daniele tweak the UI just a little, it looked *really* ugly ;-).

If I remember correctly, selecting the default platform L&F is quite simple and this would give Windows users a more familiar UI, so I'm +1 on that. As for Linux/Unix people, they are accustomed to ugly, inconsistent GUIs so they shouldn't care much ;-) Besides I think GTK is the default platform L&F on Linux starting with JDK 1.5. Personally, I prefer Metal, but that's just me.

        Ugo

--
Ugo Cei
Tech Blog: http://agylen.com/