Upayavira wrote:
> Seeing as we're all in RT mode at the moment...
>
> So, I remember someone (Carsten?) saying that the only blocks that need
> to modify something 'core' were those that needed to modify web.xml,
> perhaps because they needed to provide their own servlet.
Yepp, this is a complete list:

a) databases
Adds the driver class to web.xml to load the driver - we could either
forget about this or make different bundles/blocks/whatever for each driver.

b) faces
Adds an own listener

c) slide
Adds own servlet and mapping

d) xindice
Adds own servlet and mapping

e) XSP and all blocks adding logicsheets
The configuration for XSP is still in the main cocoon.xconf, so this one
has to be patched for XSP and logicsheets.

In addition, I could imagine a spring support adding the listener/filter.

I think slide and xindice are only required for the samples, or am I wrong?

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/