I won't reply to this thread until I let more people verbalize their feelings, but this is OT enough for me to reply now.

Niclas Hedhman wrote:

(Not the mentioning of 'What happened to the RDF promise in Cocoon??')

Are you mentioning the ability to add RDF metadata to our real blocks (as, ehm, mozilla does) or about the ability to deal and manage RDF data directly in cocoon?

For the first, well, it all depends on the real block implementation (and honestly, not that important since strongly structured markup can be RDFized with very little effort).

For the second, there are huge problems: processing RDF thru its RDF/XML representation is hell. Read Ian's post for more

http://internetalchemy.org/2005/09/the-sixteen-faces-of-eve

Ian and I are thinking about writing a note to W3C (my employer is a member...ehm, *IS* W3C :-) about a canonical RDF/XML representation that makes it easier to use XML technologies on top of RDF data serialized as with an XML model.

But then again, I must warn you, it will still be a massive hack.

There is a lot of work to do to bring the RDF and the XML world closer... unfortunately, there is resistance in both.

--
Stefano.