Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

I want to deprecate the AbstractUserProfileManager and the
AuthenticationProfileManager in the portal in 2.1.8 (and remove them in
2.2).

The newer GroupBasedProfileManager provides the same functionality in a
much cleaner way. With deprecating the old stuff, we can get rid of a
lot of things in the portal which were just for the
AuthenticationProfileManager. (Btw, the name GroupBasedProfileManager is
perhaps a little bit misleading; it is roles based like the auth profile
manager, but the idea was to add support for groups as well).

Please cast your votes, lazy consensus applies

Carsten
+1