Sylvain Wallez wrote:

And actually 3 resolvers, as we also have the one in setup() of sitemap components :-)

Here's another suggestion that doesn't need a new component.

First of all, when a component is setup (i.e. Avalon lifecycle interfaces), the relative path must *always* be the one where the component is declared, whatever the current environment is. This solves the issues with lazy loading and poolable components that are created on demand.

Outside of the component setup, we have the current behaviour where the relative path depends on the current sitemap.

Now if a component needs to access some resources relative to the place where it was declared, then it *must* resolve that URI during its setup phase.

Did you ever hear that song from a long time ago called "Dizzy"? This whole conversation has my head spinning. There has got to be a simpler way of dealing with this stuff than the implicit behaviors based upon when or where things are called. For example, using a uri like "sitemap://my.catalog" should always use the current sitemap as the base whereas "component://my.catalog" might use the sitemap where the component was declared.

Ralph