Steven Noels wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
> >As our documentation is now managed by Daisy, we don't have the docs in
> >the source repository anymore. For the release we should include docs
> >in
> >the distributions.
> >
> >It seems to me that we have three choices (please correct me if I'm
> >wrong):
> >
> >1) a PDF of the whole doc
> >2) a set of HTML files
>
> I'd say make my ideal solution would be provide a separate download for
> a well-packaged collection of HTML docs. But since we want to bundle
> (not sure why), 2) gets my vote.

2) +1 for me.

The historical reasons for the bundling was because
we wanted to demonstrate how easy it was to generate
the docs from their sources using Cocoon. Brilliant.

Users could also tweak the documentation, get immediate
gratification, and start sending patches ;-) Seriously
that helped to hook me as a contributer.

This also provided a way to link directly from Cocoon
samples to the relevant local documentation.

Perhaps a Cocoon block would be relevant to hold this
well-packaged collection. Then it would be easily
slotted in to the infrastructure and other applications
would know exactly where to find it.

-David