Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

Le 15 oct. 05, à 19:00, Antonio Gallardo a écrit :

...If users got the time to report the bugs, I think at least we owe them a real bug review. Just request more info if needed.

WDYT?

I think that issues are piling up in bugzilla and we obviously don't have the manpower to take care of all of them in a personalized way as you suggest.

So, a more radical action is needed to cleanup the list - unless enough people actually start cleaning it up manually, but I don't see this happening.

The open bug list is a knowledge database. It helps people to know the pitfall in the current code. This is valueable. Closing the open bugs is like deleting this knowledge database. Bugzilla is showing how we cares about the user reports. IMHO, the list should be a TODO list for the community.

I hear that in mozilla was a similar case, but was not specified that there where tens of thousands of open bugs not a couple of hundreds wich is our case. Please note, I am not trying to stop you. One of the thing I learned here is that this is basically a do-ocracy. If you think this is the best way to go, just do it. :-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.