Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
Cool, even if it would be good to extend lookup in web.xml to any servlet and/or context parameter (some admins will want to configure everything using their J2EE deployment tools).
This can be done easily. The SettingsHelper class could be simply
extended to set all servlet/context parameters in the settings
properties as well.

Oh yes, sure!

Something I'm worried a bit about though, is the naming of these parameters in web.xml if we want to keep compatibility with the existing parameter names. The new property stuff uses fully-qualified names, which is very good, whereas the servlet parameters have no prefix.

Or maybe when we search for a given property, we should have a double-lookup in web.xml:
- lookup the property as is (allows for fully qualified names in web.xml)
- if the property name starts with "org.apache.cocoon", lookup the property with this prefix stripped.

That way, we use fully qualified names everywhere in the code, and property files, but still ensure backwards compatibility with the current web.xml.

WDYT?

Sylvain