On 22 Dec 2005, at 22:49, David Crossley wrote:

Pier Fumagalli wrote:
It's called "Urgency" and it's there now (2 minutes job) :-)

Yeah, it is for someone who knows what they are up to.
Thanks.

However there is more to it. We need to redefine the
instruction text for the existing Priority field.
If no-one beats me to it, then i will try.

That's a system wide issue, I don't think it can be changed on a project-by-project basis: I would have liked something like "Gravity" and "Urgency" (or "Severity" and "Priority") but I didn't find a way to play around with global pre-defined fields in Jira (only show or hide them).

And there are some procedural questions.

For example, i presume that this Urgency field
will be available to the person who enters the bug
and that the committers will follow up and assign
the project's actual Urgency.

Alternatively it could be not available to the
issue creation screen and is only something that
people with Edit permissions can add.

For now it's available to anyone (in other words, no security associated with it) but it can be restricted if you need to.

        Pier